Hotel San Jorge is a local budget hotel located just a few blocks from San Juan’s gay nightlife. Rooms are small, but it is a full service hotel with ensuite bathrooms, key-card entry, air conditioning, Direct TV, in-room phone, self-coded safe deposit box and continental breakfast. The hotel also has free Wi-Fi throughout and coin-operated laundry on the 2nd floor terrace.
While the hotel is not a ‘gay hotel’ – it is gay-friendly as long as you are respectful of other guests (keep it on the quiet side after 11pm – especially if you are coming home from the bars very late).
- Zal Si Puedes (everyone welcome – drag queens at midnight on Thurs/Fri/Sat) is located just around the corner in the same building on Ave Ponce de Leon.
- XTeamworks (men-only sauna – evenings) is two blocks on Ave Fernandez Juncos.
- Temptation (everyone welcome – large disco with shows most nights) is three blocks on Calle Bolivar.
- M – The Club (everyone welcome – open evenings) is five blocks just before Ave De Diego.
- Tia Maria (everyone welcome – neighborhood bar – (kareoke on Tue, Thurs, Sun. – open afternoon) is five blocks on Ave De Diego.
- The other bars – SX, VIP, Circo and Oasis are near ‘stop 18’ are about a 15-20 minute walk, 6 bus stops, a short taxi ride (there is a taxi company at the hotel) or UBER.
Most bars open about 10pm but don’t get busy until close to midnight except where noted above. There is no closing law in Puerto Rico, so bars stay open very late as long as there are customers.